"If facts are the seeds that later produce knowledge and wisdom, then the emotions and the impressions of the senses are the fertile soil in which the seeds must grow."
For Mothers of Infants
Select a material from the pull-down below.
Click above image to view 8.5" x 11" PDF
THTM #4: Smiley face
(Infant feeding 8-12 months)
What is the key message?
- Introduce chicken, turkey, fish, beef, beans and yogurt around 8-12 months.
Who should receive this message?
- Parents of eight-to-twelve month old infants.
How can this message be used?
- Imagine you could sit down and have an in depth conversation with your baby.
- What do you think your baby would say about food?
- How do you want your baby to feel about food?
- At 8-12 months, babies are ready to join the family fun at the dinner table. What happens when you combine feeding time with family time?
- What are babies doing when they touch, squeeze, drop and push foods around their tray?
- How do you know when they have had enough?
- What can parents do to help their child love the feeding adventure?
- What kinds of table foods do you think you’ll give to your baby?
- How do you feel about your baby’s diet expanding to include more types of foods?
- If you have older children, tell me how it felt when you brought them to the dinner table for the first time. What was it like introducing family favorites to an older infant?
- What memories of family meals do you have?
- What memories do you want your child to have?
- A life-long joy of eating starts in infancy. What can parents do in addition to serving healthy food to help their child learn a healthy love of food?
- How will it feel to be able to offer your baby the same foods that the rest of your family eats?
- What new foods do you think you’ll introduce to your baby next week?
- What will you do to help your child develop a healthy, life-long joy of eating?