Select a material from the pull-down below.
Click above image to view 8.5" x 11" PDF
THTM #14: A new me (Teenage pregnancy/breastfeeding)
What is the key message?
- Motherhood changes everything. Bonding with your baby changes you in a powerful way that inspires you to be the best you can be.
- Breastfeeding may seem impossible until you gaze at your babyís eyes for the first time.
- Give breastfeeding a try.
Who should receive this message?
How can this message be used?
- We all learn something new about ourselves almost everyday. What have you learned about yourself in the past months that has caught you by surprise? Delighted you? Made you proud of yourself?
- In what ways are you stronger than you thought?
- How do you feel about the way you have changed?
- What things about motherhood worry you?
- What things do you feel confident about?
- What have been your thoughts about feeding your new baby?
- A few months ago, growing a baby may have seemed so overwhelming that you didnít think it possible. But with challenges come surprising strength.
- Some people feel breastfeeding is a gift a mother gives her baby. But mothers who breastfeed feel that the baby gives them the gift. What do you feel?
- How might breastfeeding change you and your baby? (Affirm all feelings.)
- How might your life be better if you breastfeed your baby?
- How might your babyís life be better if you breastfeed?
- Are you willing to try breastfeeding as a way to bond with your miracle?
- What will you have to do now to be ready for breastfeeding when your baby arrives?
- What people will you need to tell?
- Who will support you and your decision?
- What will you say to influence others to support you in your breastfeeding decision?